Thursday 24 February 2011

lost consonants

As I waited for the train today, I wandered down to the end of the platform and saw this sign:



I didn't feel very exciting, but my hand itched to reach into my handbag, pull out a black texta and add a letter 'c' to that first word. Luckily I didn't have a texta with me.

Which got me thinking about a great little book I had at home called 'Lost Consonants'. It has pictures of such gems as 'The collected woks of William Shakespeare', or 'administering electric sock treatment'.

And I've come across a site where the creator of these art works, Graham Rawle, answers questions (hilariously) about his work .

And he has a site.

And a blog!

I treasure my copy of his book, but now even more so, as I see that the one I have is out of print.

3 comments:

Papillon Bleu said...

He!he! I wonder how many times you feel like grabbing a pen in your bag to correct all the mistakes all around (including my blog!I still mix a lot French and English Spelling).
I read about the Googlganger in your previous post. I know for sure that I am the ONLY Patricia Le Baudrier on the planet! In fact, I am the last of the name and will happily take it to the grave with me!

How is your sweet dog?
Hope everything is fine at your end of the globe.
:-)

parlance said...

Papillon Bleu (or Patricia), I love your blog and I love when you sometimes write in French, so I can practise my schoolgirl French. I googled you and sure enough there was only one of you!!

Papillon Bleu said...

I never lie!
;-)