Saturday 1 January 2022

a frantic start to 2022

 I titled this post as if I'm frantically running around on the first day of 2022, but obviously I'm actually sitting at my computer doing nothing special. 

However, seeing it's a new year, I thought I'd like to resume writing posts - perhaps only occasionally. 

As my new puppy was racing past after pinching yet another sock from the dirty clothes basket, she seemed rather frenetic. And then I wondered if that's the same as being frantic.

It seems the two words come from the same historical roots, with the underlying concept of a mind gone mad. Well, in human terms stealing items of clothing and chewing on them might seem crazy, but I'll  bet to a puppy it makes sense.

I think the concept of 'affected by wild excitement' might fit the bill.


I enjoyed reading this blog post.

1 comment:

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

A new puppy! How exciting. You'll have lots of blog fodder I predict.