Saturday 1 August 2009

have the worms turned?



For a long time I've suspected that worms must be getting tired of the government licensing people to stick them onto sharp hooks and put them in danger of being eaten by a fish.

Well, today the headlines tell the story. The worm has turned. (Actually, the worms have acted together, by the looks of it.)

There's been a long history of humans worrying about the worms rebelling. Even before Shakespeare's time it was a well-established source of stress.

I've come across a theory that the word worm in this context might have referred to dragons, or, more possibly, snakes, but I think today's photographic evidenced has settled the matter.

2 comments:

Mary said...

And about time too. I wonder who their elected member is?

parlance said...

Do you think they might write a letter to their elected member about it? Hmm...in my experience that doesn't always effect change.